- Public Safety
- Fire Prevention Open House - October 10
- Free E-Waste Recycling
- Local Volunteers to Host Alex's Lemonade Stand - June 13, 2015
- View PECO's Online Outage Map
Request for Proposals
Upper Makefield Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, is soliciting proposals for a recruitment specialist to assist in the recruitment and hiring of a new township manager. Upper Makefield Township (Population: 8,190) is a Pennsylvania Second Class Township, governed by a five-member Board of Supervisors. Located in historic Bucks County, Upper Makefield is a community with a strong history or environmental, agricultural, and open space preservation. The Board of Supervisors requires an independent and unbiased professional to:
1. Meet with the Board of Supervisors to define the manager’s responsibilities, set a range for salaries and benefits, establish the recruitment procedure, identify media for publication of advertisements;
2. Prepare the advertisement for a township manager and insure that the advertisement is published in the selected media outlets;
3. Review with the Board of Supervisors the resumes received to select individuals to be interviewed by the Board, and check references of those to be interviewed;
4. Schedule interviews and prepare a list of interview questions. If the Board chooses, the recruitment specialist shall participate in the interviews;
5. Investigate the individual to whom the Board wishes to make an offer of employment;
6. Assist the Board of Supervisors in negotiating the terms of employment.
Those submitting proposals for the recruitment position shall demonstrate a minimum of five (5) years of experience in municipal recruitment/management and demonstrate knowledge of the requirements of the Second Class Township Code and the labor force from which candidates may be available. The proposal shall include the proposed compensation for the recruiting services and an estimated time for completion of the search process.
Proposals shall be submitted to Upper Makefield Township, 1076 Eagle Road, Newtown, Pa. 18940 no later than September 30, 2017.
Upper Makefield Township, (population 8,190) seeks a dynamic individual to serve as the community’s next Township Manager. Located in historic Bucks County, Upper Makefield is a community with a strong history of environmental and historic preservation. Appointed by a 5-member Board of Supervisors, the Township Manager oversees the day-to-day operation of the local government, manages a $16 million budget, and implements policy established by the elected Board. Successful candidate will have proven administrative skills in budgeting and financial management, personnel management, human resources and collective bargaining; will be a team-oriented leader with strong communication and interpersonal skills; and will be able to interact effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders, including a highly-engaged citizenry. Municipal experience preferred. A Degree in Public Management/equivalent experience desired. Forward cover letter, resume and three professional references to: David R. Nyman, Interim Township Manager, Upper Makefield Township Board of Supervisors, 1076 Eagle Road, Newtown, PA 18940. Position available until filled.
Upper Makefield Township is committed to providing equal opportunity employment opportunities and complies with all state and federal nondiscrimination laws.